Laser Hair Removal
SAY GOODBYE TO UNWANTED HAIR GROWTH & ELIMINATE THE HASSLE OF SHAVING
Lip, Chin, Hairline or Mono Brows $39 | Underarms $59 | Bikini $99 | Brazilian $125
Lower legs $155 | Full Legs $290 | Stomach or Chest $125 | Full Back $199
Buy 5 Sessions Get The 6th FREE!!
Finally a simple, easy way to permanently reduce unwanted hair.
For the treatment of permanent hair reduction and is most effective on dark or black hair. Blond, red or grey hairs are not affected by laser. On average, 4-6 sessions are required but more may be needed if skin color is darker or hair texture is finer. Facial hair is treated every 4-6 weeks, while body hair is every 6-8 weeks.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING LASER HAIR REMOVAL
What are the benefits of laser hair removal over other methods of hair removal?
Unlike shaving, waxing, depilatories and plucking, laser hair removal provides a long term growth delay and permanent hair reduction. Laser hair removal is fast and effective where electrolysis treats a single hair at a time, laser hair removal can cover large areas rapidly.
What does laser hair removal feel like?
Laser hair removal is typically a very tolerable procedure. On a scale of 1-10 most patients rate it a 3 or 4. The procedure is often likened to a rubber band snap. Certain areas may be more sensitive (bikini, lower legs) and your physician may recommend the use of a topical numbing cream prior to treatment.
How long does treatment usually take?
Depending on the area to be treated, laser hair removal can take only a few minutes or over an hour. The most commonly treated areas, bikini line, upper lip, chin, underarms, typically require less than 20 minutes for treatment.
Can I return to work and normal activities immediately?
Yes, you can return to work and normal activities immediately. After laser hair removal, the treated site may feel like mild sunburn for 24 hours, or more. Slight redness and swelling surrounding the hair follicles is normal and is actually an indicator of a good clinical response. Although irritating preparations (glycolic acid, retinoid etc) should be avoided, makeup can be applied to the treated area shortly after treatment.
How does laser hair removal work?
The laser energy is absorbed by the melanin pigment in the hair follicle and converted to heat. The heat injures the hair follicle preventing its ability to produce hair.
Who can be treated?
The LightSheer is safe and effective on all skin types and tanned skin. Because it is absorbed by melanin, laser hair removal is most effective on darker hair. However the paler the skin and darker the hair, the result is achieved with less sessions and vice versa.
How many treatments will be required?
Every patient is different. In general, lighter skinned patients (Type: 1-3) will require 4-6 treatments and darker skinned patients (Type: 4-6), will required 6-8 treatments spaced approximately 4-8 weeks apart to achieve satisfactory results. Our practice cannot promise that each patient will achieve any level of permanent hair reduction; however, on average most patients can expect to achieve a 50-90% permanent reduction in the number of hairs following a full course of treatment within the prescribe time.
- Face & Neck areas: every 4 weeks
- Body areas: every 8 weeks
Therefore, when a patient does not follow the above schedule and /or exposed the treated areas to the sun by getting a tan, more sessions may be required than the amount suggested above.
PRE AND POST INSTRUCTIONS FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- No Accutane for 6 months prior to treatment
- Oral antibiotics or medications may make skin more sensitive to treatment. Please inform staff if you are on antibiotics, medications or herbal supplements.
- No RetinA, Vitamin A or Glycolic to treated area for 2-3 days prior to treatment.
- Do not tan area to be treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment
- Use sunscreen SPF 30
- Shave area to be treated prior to treatment
- Apply topical anesthetic 60 -90 min prior to treatment and occluded with plastic wrap
- Be on time for treatment
- Do not wax or tweeze area to be treated, but shave or trim with scissors only
- No exercise or sweating until perifollicular erythema (red bumps) resolves, especially on chest and back. This may take up to 48 hrs
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas for at least 10 days after treatment
- Apply 1% hydrocortisone to treated area as redness or itchiness occurs. Itchiness is a common side effect and can last up to 1 week
- No RetinA, vitamin A or Glycolic for 1 week after treatment
- Ice immediately post treatment, if necessary
- Do not pick or scratch treated areas
- Hair may take up to 2 weeks to fall out, so be patience
- No Jacuzzi, sauna or steam baths until skin is back to normal
- Slight redness is normal and disappears within 2-3 hours. Mild redness with swelling may persist for 2-3 days after treatment
- If underarms have been treated, no deodorant to area until redness subsides
Slight redness is normal and disappears within 2-3 hours. Mild redness with swelling may persist for 2-3 days after treatment. Local swelling, dry skin, mild tenderness or whitehead-like bumps are common side effects and will subside within a few days. 1% hydrocortisone will help to ease these side effects. If symptoms persist for longer than one week, please call the office at 858 866 6016