for Removal of Sun Damaged Skin
Reverse skin discoloration and uneven skin tone with IPL Intense Pulse Light.
Intense Pulse Light (IPL) is used for the safe and reliable treatment of benign vascular and pigmented lesions by targeting red capillaries and brown pigment in the face, neck, chest or hands. The extra benefit of pore tightening is also a result of the photo rejuvenation effect of IPL. A series of treatments is recommended for best results.
Areas IPL Photofacial treats:
- Brown and Red Spots
- Sun Damage
- Spider Veins
- Rosacea (enlarged facial blood vessels)
- Pigment Imperfections
Due to the gentle nature of the procedure multiple treatments (4-6) are recommended for the maximum possible result.
Beauty and Body’s IPL treatments deliver a broad spectrum of light energy at multiple wavelengths to the dermis of the skin. The light energy reaches the subsurface skin layers for gentle and gradual results, while minimizing surface side effects and downtime. The treatment helps reduce skin discolorations, dark facial hair, redness/visible capillaries, while improving overall texture and tone, and minimizing the appearance of fine lines. The result is a brighter complexion, a refreshed and younger appearing skin. Treatment will not have much effect on deep wrinkles or saggy skin and is not recommended for darker skin type (Fitzpatrick type V & VI) or tanned skin.
IPL Photofacial $129
+$20 to pricing with Genya/Chi in Hillcrest
Intense Pulse Light (IPL) Skin Rejuvenation: Pre and Post Treatment Directions
- Stop using Retin-A®, Renova® (or other retinoid containing products), exfoliating sponges/scrubs, glycolic, alpha and/or beta hydroxyl acid and vitamin C at least 24 hours before your treatment. No Accutane for 6 months before treatment. These products/medications increase photosensitivity and can increase likelihood of complications.
- Avoid all sun exposure for 48 hours prior to treatment. You should not be tanned or sunburned while receiving IPL treatments. Avoid tanning or tanning creams for at least 2 weeks prior to treatments.
- The use of any aspirin, ibuprofen and other anti inflammatory or blood thinning medications may increase the risk of bruising therefore please consult your physician before discontinuing the use of any medication before treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores/herpes, you may wish to start an anti-herpetic medicine 48 hours before treatment.
- A mild to moderate sunburned feeling may persist in the treated areas for the next 2-3 days. Cold compresses may be applied and you may take over the counter pain or anti inflammatory medication. Topical 2% hydrocortisone cream may be applied to decrease any itching or skin irritation.
- Freckles and sun spots will darken over the next few days and then gradually fade in 7-10 days. They will appear less pigmented and fade with treatments.
- Facial veins will be red and may have mild swelling. There may also be some bruising. This will resolve in 7-14 days.
- Makeup can be applied as long as the skin is not broken.Microdermabrasion can be used 7-10 days after your treatment to help with exfoliation if needed.
- Do not use Retin-A®, Renova® (or other retinoid containing products), abrasive or exfoliating sponges/scrubs, glycolic, beta, or alcohol containing solutions for 24 hours. Use gentle unscented cleansers to wash and do not rub the skin.
- Protect your skin with a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 every morning before going outdoors for the next 6 weeks to avoid sun induced brown discoloration of the skin
- To avoid dilation of blood vessels, which decreases the effectiveness of the treatment, avoid hot tubs, hot showers, and exercise for the next 24 hours. Quick, warm showers are recommended.
- If the skin is broken or blister appears, wash gently twice a day and apply an antibiotic ointment. The area(s) should be kept lubricated to prevent crusting or scabbing. Do not pick the area(s) or expose to sunlight.
- Hair growth may be impaired in the treated areas.
Questions about IPL Photofacial?
If you are considering IPL Photofacial – Intense Pulsed Light in San Diego, Beauty & Body provides the latest in aesthetic procedures by trained aestheticians. Choosing the right treatment is very important as each has its own characteristic that makes it the best choice for specific area of the face and body. At Beauty and Body, we offer a free consultations to help you achieve the safest, most natural and cost effective results possible. Guidance and regular training is provided by our Medical Director who is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to ensure superior aesthetic results.