THICKER, FULLER EYEBROWS
Microblading creates hair like strokes to help fill in sparse eyebrows giving you a natural look
Microblading is perfect for those who want to fully reconstruct, define, cover gaps, or fill-in over plucked brows. During the microblading process a special microblading pen is used to draw on individual strokes one by one. The semi-permanent ink is not placed as deep as with a traditional tattoo, which keeps the ink from bleeding, but also means it only lasts about one to three years. Immediately after treatment, your eyebrows will look darker than expected, but will fade about 50% while you heal the following 10-14 days. A touch-up appointment is needed four to six weeks after initial treatment to finalize the look.
Microblading Pre & Post Care
In order for your new brows to heal properly (and look their very best) The Pre & Post Care instructions below are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT! Pre-Care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessive bleeding during the procedure can dilute the pigment color and lead to poor results.
Microblading Pre-Care Instructions
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish oil or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hrs before the procedure
- NO Alcohol or caffeine 48 hrs before procedure
- Avoid the sun or tanning one week before procedure. Please do not come in with a sunburn
- Do not workout before procedure
- No waxing, tweezing, tinting or threading for 7 days prior to procedure. No method of hair removal for two weeks following procedure
- Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle
Microblading Post-Care Instructions
Please Note: Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder immediately after procedure. Eyebrows will scab and a complete healing takes about 2 weeks. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures.
- Apply the aftercare ointment given to you by your artist for the amount of days she has instructed. Wash hands and apply with a fresh Q-Tip.
- No water, cleansers, moisturizers, makeup, etc on eyebrows for 10 days
- Do Not pick, rub or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing fall of naturally. Messing with scabbing can cause scarring and pigment loss!
- Completely avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid heavy sweating/workouts for 10 days
- Avoid the sauna, steam room, or pool/hot tub for 3 weeks.
- No facials, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, electrolysis or lasers for 3 weeks.
- Avoid Retin-A and chemical peels around the brow area once healed
- Do not sleep on your face so you do not rub off the scabs and please do not let shower water hit you directly in the face for 10 days following
- After the first 10 days post-procedure please use a strong sunscreen on your brow area; sun will prematurely fade your permanent makeup
Permanent Cosmetics and Microblading is NOT recommended for the following people:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Diabetic (uncontrolled)
- A pacemaker or major heart problems
- On a blood thinner
- Tendency towards Keloids
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated are (sunburn, rashes, acne etc.)
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Sick with a cold or flu
- Had Botox in the past 2 weeks
- Used Accutane in the past year
- Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine)
- Extreme Oily skin
- If you have a special occasion planned within 3 months
Questions about Microblading in the Hillcrest San Diego area of California?
Give us a call at 619-692-9300 to schedule a complimentary consultation.
We look forward to hearing from you!